How do I open two Folders so that they tile horizontally in WIN 7

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I open two Folders so that they tile horizontally in WIN 7

The heading says what my question is here.

I would like to open two Folders in WIN 7 so that I may run them side by side . This was called tiling horizontally in XP but I can't manage this in WIN 7 .

Re: How do I open two Folders so that they tile horizontally in WIN 7

Open the 2 windows. Right click the bar at the bottom. Select "Show windows stacked".
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks Wired, that's what I thought.

The mistake I was making is that I have an icon for Windows Explorer pinned to the Task Bar and I clicked on that once and got the expected Window OK but , when I clicked it the second time , the Window disappeared!

I then went into "All Programs" and repeated this procedure using the path Accessories>Windows Explorer which then worked OK .

I'm new to WIN 7 , so I suppose a pinned icon in WIN 7 doesn't have the same functions as a similar icon situated on the XP Task Bar.

Comment

you can also drag one window to the extreme left of the screen and it will resize. do the same for the extreme right,.

sigpic

Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point

Comment

I did not know of that, thanks Wired.

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
          you can also drag one window to the extreme left of the screen and it will resize. do the same for the extreme right,.
          Yea, once your mouse pointer hits the side of the screen it will "Snap" into place.
          "To err is human but to really **** things up requires a computer user..."

"The path to enlightenment is /user/bin/enlightenment"

A+ CE

Comment

You can also snap left or right using Windows Key plus the appropriate arrow key, handy if you are running multiple monitors as you can't drag to snap "inbetween" monitors, only the extreme left and right edges.
            BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
            sigpic
            Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Originally posted by cruachan View Post
              You can also snap left or right using Windows Key plus the appropriate arrow key, handy if you are running multiple monitors as you can't drag to snap "inbetween" monitors, only the extreme left and right edges.

You have no idea how much easier this will make my eyefinity setup, 6 22" widescreens and only 2 "snap too areas".

Wofen
              If in asking for more details about a problem I seem to be rude, think about it this way, If I did not have to ask, I would not of been forced to be rude.

Please assume anything and everything I say to be wrong unless I have provided links and evidence, or you have done the same.
              IE: you blow your server up following my advice, not my bad

A OP is bad if I can go to and answer the question by pressing 4 buttons. "Ctrl +c, Ctrl +v".

Comment

and, every time i discover this, i'm like "oh! cool!" and my wife is like "oh, idiot"

for a change, use Win+TAB instead of Alt+TAB - gives you a different view for switching apps

interestingly, I'm playing with Win+Left just now - if I keep hhitting it, even after it's on the extreme left, it keeps moving. IE, it moved to the extreme right, then it moved to the middle of the screen (but not maximised) then it moved across to the left again
                so on, so forth.

and I've only got a small screen

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
                  and, every time i discover this, i'm like "oh! cool!" and my wife is like "oh, idiot"

for a change, use Win+TAB instead of Alt+TAB - gives you a different view for switching apps

interestingly, I'm playing with Win+Left just now - if I keep hhitting it, even after it's on the extreme left, it keeps moving. IE, it moved to the extreme right, then it moved to the middle of the screen (but not maximised) then it moved across to the left again
                  so on, so forth.

and I've only got a small screen

Lol I just played with the Win+Tab thing for like 10 minutes.

That's awesome!

A+ CE

Comment

Originally posted by Wofen View Post

You have no idea how much easier this will make my eyefinity setup, 6 22" widescreens and only 2 "snap too areas".

Wofen
                    Now I'm jealous of the number of monitors you have.
                    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
                    sigpic
                    Cruachan's Blog

Comment

work gives me 4 - I think they are all 19s.
                      Some matrox card or somethin drives them ?

sigpic

Comment

New tip!

Hold down the left mouse button on a windows title bar, and shake the mouse enough, everything but that window will close.

A+ CE

Comment

and the "show desktop" button is now down on the very bottom right of the task bar, you can hardly tell it's there.
                          it's just like a little rectangle.

sigpic

Comment

Win+D also does the desktop shortcut.

I smell a Windows 7 tips thread coming on.

A+ CE

Comment

Originally posted by cruachan View Post
                              Now I'm jealous of the number of monitors you have.

yes well... Gaming is a hard core thing and needs to be taken seriously.

My gaming computer cost roughyl 2 times as much as my server... and its got server hardware in it...

It makes everything so much easier, but I lose my windows sometimes...

And I end up with a million programs open, as I never need to close anything.

Wofen

PS : you might think that a 66" screen would be good for watching a movie... but trust me its not.. unless you have a REALLY long corrridor. :P
                              If in asking for more details about a problem I seem to be rude, think about it this way, If I did not have to ask, I would not of been forced to be rude.

Please assume anything and everything I say to be wrong unless I have provided links and evidence, or you have done the same.
                              IE: you blow your server up following my advice, not my bad

A OP is bad if I can go to and answer the question by pressing 4 buttons. "Ctrl +c, Ctrl +v".

Comment

Working...
                              X