No announcement yet.

Window 7 makes my system slow

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window 7 makes my system slow

House i need your assistance, am using HP6735s with Window vista i observe that the system is very slow and i later upgrade my system to window 7.what can i do now.

Re: Window 7 makes my system slow

Buy a faster PC?

tell us the hardware specs and maybe we can help, otherwise not much is possible.
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

agree with ossian, post the hardware specs

in rush then check what is the RAM size, default in laptop with Vista was generally 1 gig(just a guess) not enough for running multiple applications....

Also, was the upgrade a clean install or did you install Win7 over a Vista installation?
        Departed: 23rd December 2015

Rough Spec: (Theres are its MAXED specs)
          AMD 64 X2 (1.9ghz)
          2GB of Ram
          160GB Hard Drive

As everyone else is saying, get a more powerful computer. You can get a Netbook more powerful then that.

I would format and install windows XP, or see if you are able to get a version of Win7 Starter for free (as in downgrade rights), as that might run better, but with win7 starter, you may as well get a PDA.

If in asking for more details about a problem I seem to be rude, think about it this way, If I did not have to ask, I would not of been forced to be rude.

Please assume anything and everything I say to be wrong unless I have provided links and evidence, or you have done the same.
          IE: you blow your server up following my advice, not my bad

A OP is bad if I can go to and answer the question by pressing 4 buttons. "Ctrl +c, Ctrl +v".