Some File Associations lost after dual Boot from XP to WIN 7

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some File Associations lost after dual Boot from XP to WIN 7

I have just installed WIN 7 into its own Partition on my desktop which also has XP running . The desktop now runs in a Dual Boot setup with either of these OS's being switched as desired.

In XP I have all my e-mail files stored in a separate Data Partition where they are accessible as .mbx files by Eudora the e-mail client.

Eudora is also installed in WIN 7 and when this is booted these same data files are "seen" in the same Data Partiton as.mbx files.

However Eudora will not open these files in WIN 7 .

How do I persuade WIN 7 to recognise this broken file association in Dual Boot?

Re: Some File Associations lost after dual Boot from XP to WIN 7

Have you fully installed Eudora on Win7 -- if so, try a repair to reset the associations.

You could also look at the associations (FOLDER--TOOLS--OPTIONS IIRC) in WinXp and copy them into Win7
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

[QUOTE=Ossian;218684]
      Have you fully installed Eudora on Win7 -- if so, try a repair to reset the associations
      Yes I did. Do you mean a repair of Eudora ? If so I was not aware there was such an option in Eudora - I can't see any in my copy.

You could also look at the associations (FOLDER--TOOLS--OPTIONS IIRC) in WinXp and copy them into Win7
      I'm afraid I don't understand this instruction. By "FOLDER" here do you mean the Eudora Folder in XP. I can't find any reference to "IIRC" anywhere in my copy of XP.

Comment

IIRC = If I Recall Correctly (as Google should tell you!)

No, this is in any windows folder -- go to the tools menu, select folder options then click on the file types tab.

I have no idea of Eudora has a repair option, but most apps support reinstalling to repair any missing settings
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X