Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to rdp home machine (from internet) running with internal IP

Hi All,

Can you please suggest me an easy way of accessing my home machine (running with 192.168.x.x IP) via RDP over the internet. It is running windows 7

Thanks

It will need to be Win7 PRO to use RDP - in which case open port 3389 on your router to the internal IP (have a good strong password!)
    Alternatively there are other pieces of software such as VNC - again some port forwarding on your router will be needed.

If you don't want to open ports, look at LogMeIn, TeamViewer and similar
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I had to go with Teamviewer since my ISP shut down my port (3389)! It's very easy to setup. Create an account, add your computer, log in to Teamviewer outside your home network either on Teamviewer website or having it installed on any machine you choose, you'll see your computer, choose it, and log in. It's that simple, not the securest but pretty simple. You'll also have to have a password set on the your machine you intend to access as well.

Comment

Working...
      X