no app in W7 installed in XP mode

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no app in W7 installed in XP mode

I installed an app in XP mode on W7 Pro.
    Found a tip on web that for publishing app on W7 startup one need to add a shortcut to All Users Programs (what I did).
    The shortcut doesn`t appear.
    What should be done?

Thx.
    "When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

Re: no app in W7 installed in XP mode

Do you want the program to start when Windows 7 does??? Put it in the Startup folder for all users.

Can you post a link to the tip.

Comment

what application is it ?
      Some applications are restricted from being published.... there's a reghack to deal with it.

Is your application publishing to the W7 host at all ?
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

1. No I don't want that app will start up...

2. The program is Dameware.

When I mention that I added shortcut to All Users I did it on XP vm, where app was installed.

The problem is that the app installed in XP VM doesn't appear in All Programs -- Windows Virtual PC. I believe should be Applications folder?
        "When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

Comment

Any reason why you can't manually create the appropriate entry if the application has actualy installed?
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

if the publishd app is not appearing on the w7 host, check my post here - it may be prevented by a reg fix
            http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=3934

there's a link in the first post that explains more
            Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

tehcamel,
              the link provided is ABOUT CHILD DOMAIN ISSUE.
              Nothing to do with my issue

Comment

Here is the advice from the other forum that helped me.

Vote As Helpful
                Try copying an icon from some other program, like "Internet Explorer"
                into the All Users start menu and see if it publishes that. (That
                particular folder, not the subfolders under it.)
                It should create the subfolder Windows XP Mode Application and put the
                IE icon in it.
                Bob Comer - Microsoft MVP Virtual Machine

Bob,
                it works fine for IE. I added a shortcut for Dame Ware. When click on it within XP it works fine. Still not appears in Windows XP Mode Applications folder.

???

It must be blocking it for some reason.
                You can create a .bat file that loads the program, and make a shortcut
                to the ..bat file in the All Users menu I suppose.

Bob Comer - Microsoft MVP Virtual Machine

It works fine.
                Thanks much!
                Last edited by biggles77; 12th October 2010, 04:21. Reason: Wrap quoted text in QUOTE Tag.

Comment

Originally posted by mla View Post
                  tehcamel,
                  the link provided is ABOUT CHILD DOMAIN ISSUE.
                  Nothing to do with my issue
                  SORRY DUDE MY BAD! I COPIED THE WRONG LINK. guess you could always search my posts for windows 7 or xpm references to find it

Comment

Working...
                  X