Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keyboard, mouse and weird display after every other reboot!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyboard, mouse and weird display after every other reboot!

This is weird. I have a Toshiba Sat Pro laptop with Windows 7 installed, you can be working on it ok, then either shutdown/reboot and turn it back on and the screen resolution will be lower, and the keyboard and mouse dont work. I have to press the power button to power it off, power it back on and it's ok.

I have formatted, reinstalled Windows 7 and the fault persists!!!

Re: Keyboard, mouse and weird display after every other reboot!

If its under warranty, get Toshiba to handle it -- it appears to be something much deeper than the OS.

If not under warranty try:
    a) BIOS reset to default
    b) BIOS upgrade
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Does the Toshiba come with any diagnostics??? My wife has a Toshiba at home and i can't remember lol.

Are you using the OS recovery disks that Toshiba provided??? Can you get your hands on an evaluation copy and download the latest drivers and do a clean install??

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/e.../cc442495.aspx

Comment

It worked fine with Windows XP Professional so I dont think its a hardware/bios issue.

It has only happened since I installed Win 7 Retail, I just cant get my head around the fact that 'every other time' it works! It is getting annoying having to reboot it everytime to get it working! All windows updates been applied and its still the same!

Comment

Originally posted by noob0259 View Post
          It worked fine with Windows XP Professional so I dont think its a hardware/bios issue.

It has only happened since I installed Win 7 Retail, I just cant get my head around the fact that 'every other time' it works! It is getting annoying having to reboot it everytime to get it working! All windows updates been applied and its still the same!
          You didnt mention that bit before ALL relevant information helps....

Where did you get your drivers from?
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
            You didnt mention that bit before ALL relevant information helps....

Where did you get your drivers from?
            Let windows install most, used Toshiba site for the missing ones...

Comment

Working...
            X