No announcement yet.

strange SSD windows 7 64bit issue!

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strange SSD windows 7 64bit issue!

Hi, these are previous threads left on corsairs forum, who have advised me to ask the same question on here!

I currently have a problem with my Corsair CSSD F60GB2 hard drive, when I install windows 7 x64 on to it bare, the drive capacity shows up 28.7 used! this is with no drivers or software installed. and everytime I install/copy a file, the capacity drops buy double the amount as if it is shadow copying the data, shadow copy is disabled by default and system restore also. If I install windows 7 x32 the drives capacity is displayed correctly and the drive works great. but my system has 12GB of Corsair Dominator DDR3 installed so I require x64 software to use all my ram. I have installed this drive in a Dell Studio 1515 notebook with x64 and it seems to be displaying capacity fine. please help, i'm out of ideas!

I have been advised to try turning off hybrid sleep which didn't work but what did work for me was when I removed 6gb of memory my system displayed 10gb more capacity.

please help!