Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corrupt Drive Icons

Hi,

How can I get my default drive icons back? See attachment. Deleting the DriveIcons folder did not help.
    This happened after my whole system was restored to a new HDD from a backup (AOMEI).

Thanks,
    Janet

Click image for larger version

Name:	Corrupt drive icons.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	286.1 KB
ID:	495274

Is it just for your user profile, or is it global (try logging on as another user to check - preferably a new profile
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      Is it just for your user profile, or is it global (try logging on as another user to check - preferably a new profile
      Hi Ossian,

First, is there a way I can get notified of posts to this thread? I used to get them automatically.

There is and always has been only me on the computer. The problem started when my HD died and I put my system on a new HD using an AOMEI backup. Notice that it is only with the local disks.

Comment

PS I am already "Subscribed" to this thread, but did not get any notification of your post.

Comment

Yes, I understand you are the user, but I am trying to establish if it is a profile issue or something deeper.

Not sure about the notifications, but will flag this for further attention.
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Have you seen this tutorial on changing/restoring Windows 7 drive icons:
            http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...on-change.html
            A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Hi Blood--I just came to the site and found your post. Will have a look.

HOW CAN I GET NOTIFICATIONS OF REPLIES to my post??? I always used to get them automatically. I am already subscribed to this thread.

Thanks.

Comment

If you are having issues with the site you should post in the Suggestions and Feedback sub-forum here: https://www.petri.com/forums/forum/g...s-and-feedback
                A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Working...
                X