Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 64-bit and ZoneAlarm BSOD

Originally posted by James Dewick, SMBiT Pro.org
    Just like to share an experience I had with a couple of brand new Sony Vaio's I setup for a home user.

The two notebooks had shipped with Windows 7 64-bit and the customer had asked me to install a ZoneAlarm licence they already had purchased for the previous notebooks they were replacing. I downloaded the latest build from the ZoneAlarm website and applied their key (which worked fine). The next day, the customer called me back frustrated and wanted a refund on them because they kept bluescreening. I thought it highly unlikely that both notebooks would have hardware issues so I asked him to contact Sony because I thought it might be a common occurrence a simple driver update would fix it. Sony took no responsibility and blamed Microsoft (of course!).

Anyway, the long and the short of it is ZoneAlarm was the only common denominator between the two and once removed, the laptops worked beautifully.
    May be of interest for some.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Re: Windows 7 64-bit and ZoneAlarm BSOD

We run Checkpoint Integrity Flex on clients here and its causing us no end of problems.

Comment

ZA is compatible with Windows 7 according to the website, but it doesn't specify whether that includes 64-bit. The site for Checkpoint Integrity on the other hand is still talking about an early adoption program for Vista...
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
        ZA is compatible with Windows 7 according to the website, but it doesn't specify whether that includes 64-bit. The site for Checkpoint Integrity on the other hand is still talking about an early adoption program for Vista...
        One in the same product.

Checkpoint now own Zonealarm and its garbage.

Comment

Ah. I've not touched it since I got it free on the cover disc of a magazine back when I was running Windows 98

Didn't touch it for very long, as I recall.
          Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Working...
          X