Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove read only from files in cd/dvd rom

friends ,

today i received a cd , when i try to copy those files i cant able to do it ,in the properties of the folder shows read only , when i try to remove the read only access denied. please help me to copy the files from the cd.

thanks

Originally posted by babu farooq View Post
    today i received a cd , when i try to copy those files i cant able to do it ,in the properties of the folder shows read only , when i try to remove the read only access denied. please help me to copy the files from the cd.
    Lets consider the ROM in CD-ROM, shall we......
    Just because a file is read only, there is nothing stopping you copying it to a hard drive and then working with it. If it retains read-only status after copying, just right click on the file and go to Properties to remove the read-only flag.
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

i tried removing the read only flag but access denied , and i am already logged in as administrator of the pc.

Comment

Is this before or after you copy the files from the optical disk?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

before copying ...

Comment

Originally posted by babu farooq View Post
            before copying ...
            As previously, I refer you to the definition of a CD-ROM (or DVD-ROM)
            READ ONLY applies to the medium, not the files

You will need to copy the files off the CD-ROM onto your hard drive (a writable medium) THEN you can remove the Read-Only flag if you need to
            Tom Jones
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

Comment

Do you receive an error message when you try to copy the files from the CD to your drive?
              A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Working...
              X