restrict user to use Application,USB,CDROM on standalone workstation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• restrict user to use Application,USB,CDROM on standalone workstation

hello everyone in my organization we don't have domain we have workgoup and its on windows 7
    they have asked me to restrict users to open certain application and disable USB and cd rom
    i tried to do it with gpedit.msc by following these steps

gpedit.msc >computer configuration >security setings >application control >applock under app lock
    clicked on executable rule then right click and select new rule > permission deny > file hash > and the selected notepad.exe

one more things i choosed the user name i created and applied on it.

but the notepad gets denied on every user i have even administrator.
    same thing happens when i disable USB and cd rom.

is there any way to deny access of the application on a user level and the application or USB/CDROM prompt for the administrator password to use that application or USB/CDROM
    please HELP its very urgent.

You should be using MLGPO to do this.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...(v=WS.10).aspx

Comment

thanks i am reading this i hope it work

Comment

joeqwerty thanks it worked now i can apply policies on users. i disabled the control panel looked for it in run clicked it and the message i got was contact your administrator that is good, problem one is solved

second problem is
        deny access of the application on a user level and the application or USB/CDROM prompt for the administrator password to use that application or USB/CDROM . for example i right click on usb or an application run it as administrator give them acceess for a certain time and the the time expires automatically. and i dont need to login physically as an administrator. cause i need to do the same task remotely in different locations
        Last edited by Shaheryarkk; 22nd August 2015, 07:01.

Comment

Working...
        X