Latest update problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest update problem

Win 7 keeps showing me with a ! when I click to close down there is an update to install but nothing shows it is being installed while closing down or when restarting. A check for outstanding updates shows nothing.

Any suggestions please or shall I just wait a few weeks for MS to notice something is wrong. The last update was Update for Windows 7 (KB2952664)
    Recommended 28/7/2015

Can you show us a screenshot, please Gordon.
    A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Are you running Microsoft Security Essentials? The indication of an Update to install on Shutdown often appears when a Security Essentials definition update has just taken place. View update history in the Windows Update window to see what was updated.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

As I quoted the last update was Update for Windows 7 (KB2952664) Recommended 28/7/2015 perhaps I will try uninstalling it.

There is nothing else to show as it closes down and restarts normally so there is not much to worry about, just another silly Windows glitch. The ! warning there is an update only shows near the Shut down button after the PC has been on a little while.

Comment

Uninstall the update then go into Windows Update, find the KB2952664 patch, right click on it and select HIDE. Should ensure it doesn't get automatically installed again. If you have read the KB article, it is a compatibility patch to help ease the upgrade to the latest operating system, ergo, Windows 10.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Thanks but I would not know where to find the patch for it, I only found it to uninstall it, which solved has solved the problem. Fortunately it was only among the Recommended updates, so I have changed my update settings to never accept any more recommended ones, and make sure I see what MS want to dump on me before allowing any to be installed. So it has not showed up again.

Comment

Working...
            X