PowerShell is not install on Windows 7

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PowerShell is not install on Windows 7

A few months ago I was asked to install Windows 7 on certain 64-bit machines. The limitation presented at that time was very small disk space. So I created a compated version of Windows 7 to install it on a 8.0 GB partition and it's working great since then but today I wanted to use PowerShell on those machines and none of them had it installed. Is there a way to install it on Windows 7. When I google the Internet, I found different versions for different OS and architectures but none of them target Windows 7. Is there any way to install PowerShell on Windows 7?
    Thanks in advance for your input
    Alex

Re: PowerShell is not install on Windows 7

Try Windows Update or the Windows Server 2008 version?

Ultimately, how'd you compact W7 in the first place?
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

As far as i'm aware Powershell shipped with Windows 7 so try using the Add/Remove programs (i know its not called that now but i don't have a windows 7 nstall handy) and then add windows components to install it.

You may need to use your windows disk to complete the install.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/josebda/a...ady-there.aspx

Comment

I believe you have to go to: Turn Windows Features on or off
        Marcel
        Technical Consultant
        Netherlands
        http://www.phetios.com
        http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
        "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
        "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

PowerShell is installed by default on a 32 bit version of Win7. I would imagine the same for the 64bit version.

Like Wired I would like to know how you installed Windows 7 on an 8GB partition. The files in a normal install consume 6.5GB. This may be a reason why PowerShell is not installed. Too much has been chopped out to make it fit. This does not bear well for the future and further software installs.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Couldn't find how to remove it myself albeit I only mucked w/ the windows features area for a min. PowerShell does indeed come with the 64 bit version of Windows 7.
            ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
            X