Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know a good alternative to Microsoft outlook that works with activesync?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know a good alternative to Microsoft outlook that works with activesync?

Hi guys,
    I am using outlook to connect to an account hosted with google apps and I have another account running microsoft exchange (office 365) I have tried to get these two to work together but they wont.

Now I have split the accounts in two - the google apps I run in outlook and the 365 account I run via eM client which is an outlook alternative that I found.

However eM client has a few bugs - it often produces random errors and so on.

Just wondering if there are any other alternatives to outlook that fully support exchange active sync that you guys could recommend?
    David Silvester
    Systems Administrator

How about using Outlook for 365 and another email client for GoogleApps? (something like Thunderbird)
    You could also just use the web interface for GoogleApps. It has offline capability. https://support.google.com/mail/answer/1306847?hl=en
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Two Outlook profiles? I have an Outlook.com email address for personal use and an Office 365 account for my business and Outlook 2013 prompts me for the profile to load on startup.
      BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
      sigpic
      Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Hi Jeremy, does google apps work well with Thunderbird? I don't want to lose any functionality if I can help it as Google Apps basically operates like an exchange mailbox in outlook using a proprietary addon I believe (google apps sync for outlook).

Using webmail was the first thing I tried but it gets a bit annoying especially as I am managing client accounts in both Google and office 365 so would have to keep logging out, also not as easy to tab between desktop web mail.

Cruachan I also tried two outlook profiles but what tends to happen is I open one and forget about the other and each one relates to a separate IT support business so don't really want to neglect messages arriving from either account.
        David Silvester
        Systems Administrator

Comment

Fair enough. You can have multiple Exchange accounts in one email profile, or if you are planning to upgrade to Windows 8.1/10 the built-in Mail app works with Activesync accounts
          BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
          sigpic
          Cruachan's Blog

Comment

^^ Exchange does not work well alongside g-apps unfortunately.

Ah, the windows 8 option and windows mail sounds good.
            David Silvester
            Systems Administrator

Comment

Working...
            X