WMP 11 for Windows 7

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WMP 11 for Windows 7

Does any know why WMP 11 fails to remember any visualization settings such as which, even weather you want any or none. Though I can set almost any visualization once, the next time I use WMP it just displays an image of a musical note.

I don't use WMP but I do note V12 is available for Windows 7. Try and upgrade to the latest version and see if that helps - but, I have to say that launching V12 I cannot see an option to start a visualizer and that visualizer is not in the Help section either.
    A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Thanks however the MS site appears to says WMP 12 is not available for Win 7 or 8, and I am completely baffled how to ask a question in their nerdy Forum just full of FAQs

Comment

V12 should be the default in Windows 7

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/w...s-media-player

However, I personally, and I'm willing to bet most people here, use VLC or MPC-HC instead of WMP. Both are freely available and will play just about anything and are much less intrusive or resource hungry than WMP.
        BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
        sigpic
        Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Yes - I use VLC for video and iTunes for audio. I have not used WMP for many years.
          A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Thanks actually I use AVS for both Videos and sometimes MP3 but it will not handle MID. The visualizations for MP3 are far better than WMP and it handles a much greater range of videos, Actually I recently created two MP3 / MID / WMA / WAV players. One just show a tiny box bigger enough for the filename and paths, the other shows the changing Persian patterns from the original BBC Basic. They both allow drop an drag and Open with. If just clicked on the filedialog opens to pick a file.

Both are perfectly safe I will upload them if anyone wants free copies.

Comment

Thanks Gordon, I would be most interested in having a play with your creations.
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

GomPlayer all the way, never used anything else since I discovered this gem.
                http://www.gomlab.com
                Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
                I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
                MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

Sorry I did not reply to this earlier but perhaps due to some changes here I was not notified of new posts.
                  If anyone cares to try my simple MP3 / WMA / MID / WAV safe players visit below. If you just click on either you can pick a file to play, otherwise drag and drop a file onto either. One shows the old Persian Carpet patterns while playing.
                  http://www.sigord.co.uk/TEMP/Musicplayers.zip

Comment

Working...
                  X