Burning DVD's in WIN 7 verses Burning in XP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burning DVD's in WIN 7 verses Burning in XP

I have only recently upgraded from XP to WIN 7 .

I have just used the Image Software Boot-iT to burn Image Files to a DVD in WIN 7 . This is the first time I have done this in WIN 7 and I noticed that the files burned were bootable ones.

When I have performed this operation in XP this did not produce bootable disks.

Is this difference due to WIN 7 having the ability to make burned DVD's automatically bootable which XP does not ?

Re: Burning DVD's in WIN 7 verses Burning in XP

You're using third party software to burn the discs, not the burning tools built into the OS. If the discs you burnt before were not bootable but the current ones are, then maybe you're burning different ISO images?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Re: Burning DVD's in WIN 7 verses Burning in XP

Also, the in-built feature of burning for XP doesn't work with DVDs, if I remember correctly.

Comment

Working...
      X