Downgrade rights clarification

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downgrade rights clarification

I haven't found a clear answer on this yet. Hopefully someone here can clear this up for me. If you have a copy of Windows 7 Professional 64bit OEM can you downgrade to Windows XP Professional 32bit instead of Windows XP Professional 64bit?

From the document at http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...de_Rights.docx it doesn't mention whether you have to stick with the same architecture or not. Thanks.
    Last edited by KyleV; 6th January 2010, 20:37.

Re: Downgrade rights clarification

a couple years ago I had the exact question regarding this except it was Vista instead of 7. I contacted my reseller, who in turn sent an email to his MS Licensing person who responded with yes you can.

I was trying to find the email but cant find it.. I know its not the officially official answer you might have been looking for. But it was straight from the mouth of MS Licensing. I used it and ran.
    Daniel Frei
    -Windows Operations Server Administrator
    -Exchange Guru
    -Cisco Fanatic
    -SharePoint Hippie
    -Volkswagen Enthusiast

www.lazynetworkadmin.com

Comment

Re: Downgrade rights clarification

I recently registered some licenses on eopen for a customer installing Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, and the download options included all valid downgrade options, one of which was the 32-bit version of XP. AFAIK you can't change versions (I.e. you will get XP Pro, Vista Business or 7 Pro if you specify 7 Pro) but the architecture can be changed.
      BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
      sigpic
      Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Working...
      X