Windows Easy Transfer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Easy Transfer

I have an Emachine with XP installed I have just bought a new HP Quad Core.
    I install all the software configure my email I start the windows easy transfer it does complete and I go threw and check everything is in the correct place, the icons that were on the desktop are put on the desktop on my new system the email is in the correct location everything is great but when I reboot the system everything is gone its like the profile was wiped out the email is no longer configured all my settings are just gone. I looked in the all the profiles that are on the machine and none of them have my information
    I could really use some help on this one

Re: Windows Easy Transfer

??
    What exactly are you trying to do?
    WET is used to copy files from XP to a computer running Vista or Windows 7. Not from XP to XP...
    It is not clear from your post what did you do... Please provide further explanaitions...

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Comment

My old system has XP on it the new system which is the HP has Windows 7 Professional I use Windows Easy Transfer it transfers everything from the old XP machine to the new HP windows 7 machine but once I restart the HP machine its almost like it removes the profile because everything that was transfered is now gone.

Comment

Have you transfered these setting onto Windows 7 using an account with Administrative permissions?
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Yes like I said everything transfer just fine the problem happens when I reboot the profile and everything inside it is gone

Comment

I found the problem it had nothing to do with Windows Easy Transfer for one reason or another the user account I was using had the issue in the AD server I removed the user account and then readded it and everything works

Comment

Thanks for posting back the solution!!

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
              -

Comment

Working...
              X