How to handle different hardware for Win7 Image

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to handle different hardware for Win7 Image

I'm trying to learn about sysprep in Windows 7 and I'm trying to find the equivalent of some XP sysprep settings.

Is the OemPnPDriversPath the same as x86_Microsoft-Windows-PnpCustomizationNonWinPE_6.1.7600.16385_neutral? If yes, would the do I need to write the path the same way? For example, the line in my current sysprep.inf file is

Code:
    OemPnPDriversPath=d\a\2;d\a\3;d\a\4;d\a\5;d\a\9;d\a\10;d\b\1;d\b\5;d\b\10;d\b\13;d\c\1;d\c\2;d\c\4;d\c\12;d\c\13;d\n\1;d\n\2;d\n\3;d\n\4;d\n\6;d\n\12;d\n\13;d\v\1;d\v\2;d\v\3;d\v\4;d\v\5;d\v\8;d\v\10;d\v\13
    The directory with all the drivers on at c:\.

What is the Windows 7 equivalent of [GuiRunOnce]? I'd like to run a couple of batch files the first time someone logs in.

Thanks.

Re: How to handle different hardware for Win7 Image

I haven't (as yet) been able to find much documentation on the changes between Vista and 7 as far as sysprep and unattended install files go. However I'd give it a go without drivers myself unless it's a particularly odd bit of hardware; Win7 has MUCH better driver support out of the box than XP ever did.
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    sigpic
    Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Re: How to handle different hardware for Win7 Image

Here is an XP - Vista comparison (Most vista settings apply to Win7 I'd thought)
      http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...93(WS.10).aspx
      Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
      X