Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disconnect wireless connection once RG45 pluged in

Hello,

I was wondering if there is any way for me to configure that once I plug in my RG45 cable to it's NIC on my laptop the wireless connection will automaticly disconnect and then my local resources will become available. I am currently using Windows 7.

Thank you!

Re: Disconnect wireless connection once RG45 pluged in

I don't think there is a GPO yet - would love to hear that there is one now.

What I can tell you is some laptops have the option in the BIOS, so if you have a tool to manage BIOS settings centrally that could be an option.

Another way is depending on the Wifi client you use (For example, Intel PROSet), it could be configured. Find out what setting this changes, and if it's a regkey, make a custom ADM template and push the setting out as a GPO.

Please someone tell me the Windows wifi client in Vista/7 supports a way to do this...
    VCP on vSphere (4), MCITP:EA/DBA, MCTS:Blahblah

Comment

I believe Dell's Quickset power management software supports this sort of functionality, never tried it though. Likewise with Proset, I really don't like how it takes over your system when personally all I want is the driver.

I used to do this (in XP) with hardware profiles, so that when I was undocked I was wireless and when docked the wireless was disabled and the NIC kicked in.
      BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
      sigpic
      Cruachan's Blog

Comment

OK i'l give it a go on Sunday on my CTO's Thinkpad x61 laptop. Will see how it goes...

Comment

Working...
        X