Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with backup in command line

Hello,
    I would like to copy files from an offline folder named in Hebrew, to a standart directory in English.
    I was unable to copy with xcopy command, because of the Hebrew- named folder.
    I'm asking for a solution. It could be in batch file (even with external command- line program) or Powershell (I would prefer batch file if Powershell will use computer resources heavily)
    Thanks,

Eran

Re: Need help with backup in command line

have you tried robocopy at all ?

wait.. did you want the solution to rename the files from the hebrew to english filenames, or just a copy utility that can be scripted, and understands the hebrew language ?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
      have you tried robocopy at all ?

wait.. did you want the solution to rename the files from the hebrew to english filenames, or just a copy utility that can be scripted, and understands the hebrew language ?
      I heared about robocopy but didn't remember it's a command line tool.
      I need a copy utility that can be scripted, and understands the hebrew language.

Comment

sounds like a call for the Daniel man.

Comment

robocopy is definitely command line, and can be scripted.
          Code:
          @for /F "tokens=1-4 delims=/- " %%A in ('date/T') do set DATE=%%D%%C%%B
          set dest=D:\Data\Support
          @title Update %dest% from server share (Srevername\support)

@Echo *** Update %dest% from server share (servername\support) > updSupp.log
          @Echo *** Update %dest% from server share (servername\support) check updSupp.log for details
          @robocopy "\\servername\support"  "%Dest%"  /E /NP /R:3 /W:10 /LOG+:updSupp.log
          @echo **** Finished Copy >> updSupp.log
          pause
          We use this as a scheduled task on our workstations, to ensure that a local copy of the "Support" folder is downloaded on a regular basis.

(and yes, we know there's probably better ways ....)

I don't know for sure if it'll work with hebrew though.

robocopy is not included by default with XP, but i think it may be with later versions.
          Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
          X