No announcement yet.

Strange error showing up after crashing.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange error showing up after crashing.

Well, this is on my desktop machine, Windows 7x64.

Strange error is showing up in my event log after a crash. I'm not certain if this is causing the crash, if it is something the system takes care of or if it is waiting for me to do something. Web searches have turned up nothing.

Here's the error:
    Log Name: System
    Source: Kernel-Tm
    Event IT: 4

The TransactionManager (TmId={cb090632-b050-11de-a926-806e6f6e6963}, LogPath=\SystemRoot\System32\Config\TxR\{cb090630-b050-11de-a926-806e6f6e6963}.TM) has failed to advance its log tail, due to the transaction (UOW={c5046401-b0bd-11de-b21b-0015f2f473b6}, Description='') being unresolved for some time. The transaction must be forced to resolve in order for the TransactionManager to continue to provide transactional services. Forcing the incorrect outcome may cause data corruption in any subordinate ResourceManagers or Transactionmanagers.

These crashes are pretty strange. They only happen when my computer is relatively idle (in a web page, I've walked away for a while, etc) and don't happen at all if I'm running a game, such as World of Warcraft... it's almost like the system crashes only when the processor is idle or just not working too hard.

Any ideas? I've never seen a computer fail more often when it's not under stress.