Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drives are not Mapping

Hey all,
    Win7 Ent Ed. X64. updated with latest updates.
    when i log in to the domain i am only mapping my home drive. it looks like the logon script is not running. If i browse out to the \\DC\Netlogon\ folder and bang on the script my drives map accordingly. I don't see anything wrong in the eventviewer on the new PC.

i'm still running a Win7 x64 RC pc that i haven't had any issues with drive mapping. I'm sort of at a loss here. Anyone have any thoughts?

GPO's are applying successfully without errors.
    Last edited by IceNine; 3rd September 2009, 22:03.

Re: Drives are not Mapping

Temporarily i have placed a shortcut to the logonscript batch file in my startup folder but that's the poor hacker's way of victory. If anyone has any thoughts please feel free.

Thanks

Ice

Comment

How is the logon script defined? Group Policy? The relevant setting in ADUC?
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

here's what i got,
        when i look at the GPO settings for the OU i'm in.
        it's set for Logon and the path is
        \\company.net\SysVol\company.net\scripts\siteLogon Script.bat

Comment

Shouldn't make a difference, but try changing it to
          Code:
          \\company.net\NETLOGON\siteLogon Script.bat
          Presumably the space in the filename is intentional and not a typo in your post? If so, try removing the space to see if that's causing a problem. It may be that the path needs to be enclosed in " " - based on your post, it isn't at present.
          Gareth Howells

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

ok so The Trusty googled yielded some results. Apparently Vista users have had the same issue. It has to do with UAC. I disabled it and the drives map just fine. however i did find a reg key "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Policies\System\EnableLinkedConnections =(dword)1" that supposedly fixes the issue.
            gave that a try with no success. So for right now UAC off it is. I wonder where exactly the break is? Maybe it's because the logonscript runs with elevated privilidges and it needs "confirmation" but because there's no desktop yet, I, the user can't click "yes, run this program"

Which brings me back to my Vista(past) and Win7 RC pc's i have. The first thing i did, was turn UAC off. Something so "innocent" i did not think it had an impact. I just hate the constant nagging of it.
            Putting this on here incase anyone else has the same issue.

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
              Shouldn't make a difference, but try changing it to
              Code:
              \\company.net\NETLOGON\siteLogon Script.bat
              Presumably the space in the filename is intentional and not a typo in your post? If so, try removing the space to see if that's causing a problem. It may be that the path needs to be enclosed in " " - based on your post, it isn't at present.
              There is no space in the file itself. I was typing in FatFinger mode apparently.

Comment

When we tried Vista on our domain, we didn't have any problems with UAC preventing our scripts from running...

Before rushing to disable UAC, carefully consider the potential security benefits it brings. And with 7 it nags a lot less - so consider Vista and 7 separately.
                Gareth Howells

Comment

What type of scripts are you guys utilizing? .bat or .vbs? I don't know if this issue has anything to do with the type of file but you are right. Turning off UAC is not the most ideal solution.

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
                    Presumably the space in the filename is intentional and not a typo in your post?
                    This is seemingly a bug in the Forum software and has been a bit of a pain for some time. Don't know why it happens but it is usually seen when posting Registry Key as they are fairly long. Maybe wrapping the text in [code] will remove the space.

So IceNine, it wasn't Fat Finger Mode this time.
                    1 1 was a racehorse.
                    2 2 was 1 2.
                    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by IceNine View Post
                      So for right now UAC off it is. I wonder where exactly the break is? Maybe it's because the logonscript runs with elevated privilidges and it needs "confirmation" but because there's no desktop yet, I, the user can't click "yes, run this program"
                      FYI, there was a similar discussion about this drive mapping issue in this thread yesterday.

\Rems

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
                      and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

Working...
                      X