Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA residents; Get free Windows 7 at the launch events

http://www.microsoft.com/business/th...y/default.aspx

Many are already full. I tried to get into the Cleveland one but it was sold out. You can, however, get onto the wait list. Apparently it's Windows 7 Ultimate!
    Wesley David
    LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
    -------------------------------
    Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
    Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
    Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
    Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Re: USA residents; Get free Windows 7 at the launch events

5 hours in a smarketing seminar (sales & marketing) surrounded by computer nerds who can't stop tweeting from their IPhones about how Windows 7 is kewl and will help them increase their ROI and lower their TCO, just to get a free copy of Windows 7? No thanks, I'd rather run MSDOS.

Bloggity Blog Blog

Comment

Actually, it's like an hour and a half. I'm in the developer track for the Pittsburgh show. Up at 3AM... 4.5 hour drive, out by noon with Windows 7 tucked in my backpack and home in time for dinner. Just like it was a fishing trip out West. What's better, Windows 7 or a 9 pound steelhead?
      Wesley David
      LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
      Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
      Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide

Comment

Who wants to go on behalf of the Aussies, and get people like Biggles and I a copy????
        :P :P :P

DJ
        Daniel John
        A+, HDA, MCP (x3), VCP

"There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't."

************************************************** **********************
        ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I was at one for Server 2000 / Office 2000 eons ago. Wasn't that bad actually. However every time someone asked a good question they didn't have a clue
          ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I'll take the steelhead. The IT Professional portion looks to be about 5 hours.

No offense but every IT seminar I've ever been to has been chock full of hype and hyperbole and short on real world technical info. These seminars are a marketing push.

Microsoft: "Get the people who implement, support, and develop for our technology excited and they'll get the people who hold the purse strings excited."

Me: "How does the new clustering technology in Windows Server 2008 affect my current plans to implement a geographically dispersed failover for critical messaging systems?"

Microsoft: "This one goes to 11".

Comment

Originally posted by djohn86 View Post
              Who wants to go on behalf of the Aussies, and get people like Biggles and I a copy????
              :P :P :P

DJ
              Got my copies already, thanks.
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
                No offense but every IT seminar I've ever been to has been chock full of hype and hyperbole and short on real world technical info. These seminars are a marketing push.
                I agree completely. However, they're also full of opportunities to win really cool freebies. I've already won over $5,000 in free Microsoft classes (my free SQL Server 2008 class [MS-6231] is coming up in a few weeks), a few thousand in free software (Vista Ultimate, Office 2003 Pro, etc.), free exam vouchers and of course, the most important, FREE FOOD!!
                Wesley David
                LinkedIn | Careers 2.0

Comment

True, you can get some really cool and sometimes valuable stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
                    5 hours in a smarketing seminar (sales & marketing) surrounded by computer nerds who can't stop tweeting from their IPhones about how Windows 7 is kewl and will help them increase their ROI and lower their TCO, just to get a free copy of Windows 7?
                    A carefully balanced mix of Valium and your hip flask of Everclear helps *...

Or hitting a fanboi's iPhone / a fanboi with a big hammer. That alwahs cheers me up.

Oh, and don't forget to hurt everybody who throws around buzzwords like "ROI", "TCO" or "synergy" like they were addressing a CEO.

* Please be sure to get yourself through seminars responsibly.
                    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Synergy... I forgot about that one. Thanks.

Comment

Don't forget to set an appropriate ringtone before the event too. Something like the incredibly sedate lyrics of: "KPMG... as strong as can be... a team of power and energy..."

As the guardians of the Internet, we owe it to the world to ensure that song never slips into obsc... further obscurity

Last edited by gforceindustries; 1st September 2009, 22:47.
                        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by Nonapeptide
                          and of course, the most important, FREE FOOD!!
                          (Correction) Most Important: FREE ALCOHOL !!! (/End Correction)

Daniel John
                          A+, HDA, MCP (x3), VCP

"There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't."

Comment

Originally posted by djohn86 View Post
                            (Correction) Most Important: FREE ALCOHOL !!! (/End Correction)
                            Wait... is that how they do things in Australia?
                            Wesley David
                            LinkedIn | Careers 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by Nonapeptide View Post
                              Wait... is that how they do things in Australia?
                              If it is i'll be there lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X