Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any1 got sucess in installing Juniper Netscreen vpn client in Windows 7?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any1 got sucess in installing Juniper Netscreen vpn client in Windows 7?

Hello,

Anybody got sucess in installing Juniper's NetScreen Remote VPN client on final version of Windows 7 Ultimate?

I recently switched from Vista to Windows 7 full version but Juniper vpn client isn't working.
    I already raised this question @ Microsoft forum but didnt receive any solution.
    Forum moderator just asked me to contact Juniper.

Problem: While running vpn client which worked in Vista, it thrown error saying "unable to install VA adapter".

Any hints? Much appriciated.
    Currently I am using xp in virtual mode on Windows 7 and from it I connect to vpn.

Regards,
    Amey.
    All in 1
    Solaris,Linux & Windows admin + networking.

Re: Any1 got sucess in installing Juniper Netscreen vpn client in Windows 7?

Was it 32-bit or 64-bit Vista, and is it 32-bit or 64-bit 7?

Originally posted by sco1984 View Post
    Forum moderator just asked me to contact Juniper.
    What did Juniper say?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
      Was it 32-bit or 64-bit Vista, and is it 32-bit or 64-bit 7?

What did Juniper say?
      I have submitted my question to Juniper. Waiting for there reply.

In my Juniper profile it doesnt show any active support contract for 100 netscreen remote vpn client licenses.

I had telephonic chat with Juniper and the person said as you dont have active contract for this product, they cant proceed. It's radicuolous some how.

We have bought 2 SSG boxes with active contract for both. They seems to have strange product contract. It is obvious that a person having Juniper appliance will use there vpn software.

And yes I tried to run that vpn client software in XP,vista compatibility mode using admin account but it's not working.

Regards,
      Amey.
      All in 1

Comment

And was it 32-bit or 64-bit Vista, and is it 32-bit or 64-bit 7?
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
          And was it 32-bit or 64-bit Vista, and is it 32-bit or 64-bit 7?
          vpn client and windows 7 which I have installed both are 32 bit and previously installed vista was also 32 bit vista ultimate edition.
          All in 1

Comment

what you could try is using XPM and publishing the application ?

That's what we're about to do with CiscoVPN which won't work on a 64bit OS..
            Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Hi all,

Here is a solution that works for me - Nescreen client (file version 10.8.3.b6 )

1. Stop the Volume Shadow Copy service (VSS) (which prompt an error message when I tried to install the client)
              2. Install Juniper Client and ignore the error messages about the virtual adapter
              3. Restart your PC
              4. If Microsoft IKE and IPSec services are running, stop them
              5. Import you Security Policy
              6. Startup the Service SafeNet IKE Service (which fails to start automatically)
              7. Connect to your network

Note: You won’t see the IP address provided by you Firewall because the virtual adapter was not installed.

Comment

Netscreen seems not to support Remote VPN clients on Windows 7.
                Unfortunately there are no plans to distribute or create any versions of NetScreen Remote that will support any Windows 64-bit operating systems or any version of Windows 7
                http://kb.juniper.net/KB8343

You might have a look at the SSL VPN instead if that works out for you.
                Marcel
                Technical Consultant
                Netherlands
                http://www.phetios.com
                http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
                "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
                "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Originally posted by Luigi View Post
                  Hi all,

Here is a solution that works for me - Nescreen client (file version 10.8.3.b6 )

1. Stop the Volume Shadow Copy service (VSS) (which prompt an error message when I tried to install the client)
                  2. Install Juniper Client and ignore the error messages about the virtual adapter
                  3. Restart your PC
                  4. If Microsoft IKE and IPSec services are running, stop them
                  5. Import you Security Policy
                  6. Startup the Service SafeNet IKE Service (which fails to start automatically)
                  7. Connect to your network

Note: You won’t see the IP address provided by you Firewall because the virtual adapter was not installed.
                  Thanks Luigi.
                  It worked for me!!!

Hurrah!

Regards,
                  AmeY.
                  All in 1

Comment

is this also working on a WIN 7 PRO 64 bits ?

Any idea where I can download this version 10 VPN client

I am currently completely stuck because I cannot access my work network and with my newly bought notebook

Comment

Working...
                    X