Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 and Office 2007 Activation problem

Hello,
    I have installed Windows 7 Ultimate on an HP X64 box. I also installed Office 2007.
    Both Windows and Office were obtained using my TechNet Subscription.

When I came to Activate Office, it was denied with a "too many installations" message. I eventually managed to activate it over a phone line with MS.

However, I have never had this problem before, and although I shall have to phone MS Customer Central later, I wondered whether anyone had come across this at any time.

The only thing I can think of is that Windows 7 requires something different, but why or what? After all, it's only Vista 1.3!

Regards,
    Paul

Re: Windows 7 and Office 2007 Activation problem

Moved to Windows 7 forum (could have been office but this seems best)

Did you obtain another key from Technet and try that?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Which version of Windows did you install - 32-bit or 64-bit?

How many times have you activated Office using this key?
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Hello,
        This is the first time Office has been installed on an X64 box, the XW4300. Never given me a problem before, but all were on X86 boxes, of all types and OS.

This is on TechNet Win7 Ult X64, and TechNet Office 2007 updated with service pack slipstream.

One thing I have just recalled is that I had made a Microsoft Update, for everything, before I actually started an Office programme for activation. That might have affected it.

If this happens on the XW8200, I shall try another key. But, I shall try activation before doing any updates.

Comment

Originally posted by dickins_paul View Post
          Hello,
          This is the first time Office has been installed on an X64 box, the XW4300. Never given me a problem before, but all were on X86 boxes, of all types and OS.

So you have activated this Office Key before on multiple other PC's? Sounds like you just reached the limit.

Comment

which version of Windows 7 are you using? The Office 2007 works fine on my machine, i am using Windows7 Ultimate

Comment

Had the same problem here with newly generated Technet product keys:
              Windows 7 Enterprise x86
              Office 2007 Ultimate
              Visio 2007 Professional
              Project 2007 Professional
              OneNote 2007
              Looks like an undocumented "feature"
              Tom Jones
              MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
              X