Windows 7 /ITunes/Flash Player

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 /ITunes/Flash Player

The only programme i cant use on windows 7 r/c is I tunes. Which believe it or not helps me to concentrate. I downloaded the special Itunes with no success.
    I am really really impressed with this o/s and see no real problems except 1 I have reported. When a site requires Flash player it asks continually. Even though i have clicked the box use for all sites. Any suggestions??

Re: Windows 7 /ITunes/Flash Player

Can't help with iTunes, I don't use it and never will.

I've been using the RC for a while on the very laptop I type this though, and I can't say I've had any issues with Flash. Are there particular sites causing issues or is all flash sites?
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    sigpic
    Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Originally posted by punchytoo View Post
      The only programme i cant use on windows 7 r/c is I tunes.
      Works fine for me and doesn't require setting any compatibility settings. Are you using x86 or x64? I'm running x64...

I downloaded the special Itunes with no success.
      Special iTunes?

When a site requires Flash player it asks continually. Even though i have clicked the box use for all sites.
      What browser? Is Flash Player installed? Have you installed the ActiveX, the plugin, or both? Which box are you referring to?
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

I'm another Windows 7 64 bit user (on the very computer that I type this from) and I currently have iTunes running in the background. What are the symptoms of the iTunes problem? Error message? Event log messages?

Flash also works just fine for me. Any error messages that you have received or relevant events in the event log would be much appreciated.
        Wesley David
        LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
        -------------------------------
        Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
        Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
        Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
        Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Sorry should have been clearer. Using Dual Boot Vista Premium and Windows 7R/C Ultimate When I try to play ITunes it attempts to boot but nothing happens the circle just keeps spinning. I have activated Active X in Windows Explorer 8. It is probably an explorer issue . My machine is an Acer 5630 upgraded to 4Gb of Ram. However whenever I attempt to open a new web page this is when I am told it needs Flash Player. I have ticked that it should run on all sites........but obviously never does....thanks

Comment

What Windows architecture? 32-bit? 64-bit?

What did you mean by "special iTunes" ?

Is Windows etc fully up to date? Are you using the latest versions of Flash and iTunes?

Have you tried reinstalling Flash and iTunes?
            Gareth Howells

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

To add to Garen's questions: have you perused through event viewer to see if there are any relevant messages?
              Wesley David
              LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
              Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
              Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide

Comment

I keep missing out important details Sorry! It is 32 bit, I have downloaded the latest Flash which I believe is 10 0 32 18. On Itunes download site there was a download specifically for windows 7. Yet when i returned to site yesterday it was no longer onsite. On even t viewer I have an application error event id 1000. Another oddity is this When I boot from Windows 7 the 7 is the C Drive yet when I boot from Vista this becomes C Drive.

Comment

Another oddity is this When I boot from Windows 7 the 7 is the C Drive yet when I boot from Vista this becomes C Drive.
                  That's normal.
                  Gareth Howells

Comment

On Itunes download site there was a download specifically for windows 7. Yet when i returned to site yesterday it was no longer onsite.
                    Interesting. Try uninstalling your current iTunes, download the normal one here and try reinstalling.

On even t viewer I have an application error event id 1000.
                    In the event, what is the source? Actually, just copy the event and paste it here.
                    Attached Files
                    Wesley David
                    LinkedIn | Careers 2.0

Comment

Working...
                    X