No announcement yet.

Restore Previous Version

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restore Previous Version

file server = Windows 2003 [Version 5.2.3790] (UPDATE: More specifically, Windows Server 2003 Appliance Edition).
    clients = Windows XP SP3 and Windows 7 RC

When attempting to recover a previous version of a folder on a Windows 2003 file server, Windows XP will correctly show the previous versions, with the copies made every morning at 6:00 am. Windows 7 will show all previous versions as being made on the same day at the same time.

Has anyone else seen this type of behavior?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Robert R.; 27th July 2009, 15:52.

Re: Restore Previous Version

Works fine for me (RC x64) and boss (RC x86), in a Server 08 domain, with a Server 08 file server. Is your machine in a domain? What sort of domain? Is Windows up to date on the client and server?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Re: Restore Previous Version

Yes, both the server and clients are in the same Active Directory, with Windows 2003 domain controllers.

Both server and clients have all critical patches applied. Is there an optional patch I should apply?

I should also have added that the Windows 2003 file server is Windows 2003 Appliance Edition.

The Windows XP SP3 and Windows 7 RC clients are 32-bit. Both run in VMWare Fusion on a Mac.
      Attached Files