No announcement yet.

Installing Intel 855 video drivers on Win7 RC

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Intel 855 video drivers on Win7 RC

I'm trying to resurrect an old tablet PC (Motion M1400, 1.1 GHz Proc, 1.5Gb RAM - vintage 2004) with Windows 7 and am hitting problems with drivers for the Intel 855GM chipset, specifically the video driver.

I know Intel have said they are not releasing Win7 drivers for this set (bad decision, IMHO) and I have found an apparent solution using a grabbed copy of Vista drivers:

Unfortunately I dont have a Vista installation to start from, so ideally I need a workaround which uses the downloadable driver

btw, I need the proper driver to allow screen rotation (vital on a tablet) and hibernation (ditto) which are not supported by the default VGA driver

All suggestions gratefully received!
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: Installing Intel 855 video drivers on Win7 RC

I'm pretty sure my 510M laptop has that chipset - and i got frustrated trying to get the vista drivers working and gave it away..

there was some sort of tool i downloaded to enable it to use the vista drivers.. but i forget what it was called sorry
    Last edited by tehcamel; 16th July 2009, 02:48.
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point