Upgrade to 7

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade to 7

Hey guys, i currently have 3 computers, 2 are running on Windows XP and one is running on Vista. What is your sense, should, I be planning on upgrading to Windows7. I am a Pro user. I am also very interested in knowing, how are you thinking through the upgrade process. Is there anything very compelling with Windows 7, that we cannot live with? Thanks- greatly appreciate your help

Re: Upgrade to 7

Please remember that Windows 7 is not RTM so should not really be used operationally until Oct 22nd. However I would suggest you get familiar with it, perhaps on one of your XP boxes. IMHO you will find that it is "slicker" than Vista with some useful features.
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Upgrade to 7

Originally posted by mark_waltersmith
      I am also very interested in knowing, how are you thinking through the upgrade process.
      CURRENTLY, there is no direct upgrade path from XP to 7. only Vista to 7.

SO, I'd just be doing a complete backup of all of your files and making sure that all of your licenses / programs / drivers are compatible (or have relevant releases) with 7.

Keep in mind,

Originally posted by Ossian
      Windows 7 is not RTM so should not really be used operationally until Oct 22nd.
      DJ
      Daniel John
      A+, HDA, MCP (x3), VCP

"There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't."

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
      X