No announcement yet.

When will the Windows 7 RC will expire?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When will the Windows 7 RC will expire?

I am planning to install Windows 7 RC today. I would like to know when will the RC will expire.

Thank for consideration.

Re: When will the Windows 7 RC will expire?

June 1st 2010 (but crippled after March 1st)
    http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/Win.../download.aspx
    (Amazing what can do )
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thank you for the informationl.

Comment

Originally posted by bspkumar View Post
        I am planning to install Windows 7 RC today. I would like to know when will the RC will expire.

Thank for consideration.
        Do not use it in a production environment. Wait a few months until it goes Gold.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I am in Australia and have Win 7 RC installed on my home PC on which I do some Software development.

I would like to know if there is any news on whether I will be able to buy a registration/activation.

I hope I don't have to do a clean install when 7 is released.

I am very pleased with the operation of Win7 as against my XP install on the same box but I will get a new box next week and will transfer the HDD with Win 7 to the new PC.

Regards

Bryan

Comment

Just be careful with that Bryan..
            I'd do a backup before you transfer the HD, as your current install won't have the drivers of your new PC installed yet, so it may not even boot..

ALSO, as our copies are still only RC and not the FULL RELEASE (Due Oct 22, I believe) I doubt that there will be a simple 'Activation / Registration', I'm not even sure if MS will provide an Upgrade path..

Probably something worth ing..

DJ

EDIT: Oh yeah, and welcome too mate..
            Last edited by djohn86; 2nd July 2009, 06:35. Reason: Misspelt name
            Daniel John
            A+, HDA, MCP (x3), VCP

"There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't."

************************************************** **********************
            ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **
            ************************************************** **********************

Comment

Daniel,

Thanks for that. I didn't think it would work but my dealer assured me it would 'drag' any new drivers from M$ or ask for a CD - I don't have much on the install so if it does bomb it won't take more than a week to start again <G>.

Bryan

Comment

not quite on the same track but,

I've got Beta 1 installed on my laptop at the moment, and for the past few days it's been telling me it's about to expire.. last night it said "13 hours remaining"
                so I've got the RC disc ready to go, but i'm unsure if I really need to.. can I just wait for RTM ?

i've found some tools that can remove this expiry, but i'm not real inclined to do that..
                Last edited by tehcamel; 2nd July 2009, 10:03.
                Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

found my answer... August 1st.
                  so I've got a little while longer
                  Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
                    i've found some tools that can remove this expiry, but i'm not real inclined to do that..
                    Oh good, because we don't want to see you banned here
                    Tom Jones
                    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                    IT Trainer / Consultant
                    Ossian Ltd
                    Scotland

Comment

WHY do people want to activate and keep running a Beta or RC version? These versions still have trial crap in them that, going by MS track record, will not be removed by upgrading to a RTM version. A clean install takes a little longer but you don't have any unnecessary rubbish cluttering up the drive.
                      Last edited by biggles77; 5th July 2009, 15:44. Reason: Fix typo.
                      1 1 was a racehorse.
                      2 2 was 1 2.
                      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
                        WHY do people want to activate and keep running a Beta or RC version? These versions still have trail crap in them that, going by MS track record, will not be removed by upgrading to a RTM version. A clean install takes a little longer but you don't have any unnecessary rubbish cluttering up the drive.
                        cause every time i install or reinstall an MS OS, it totally blats up my disk config, meaning it takes me an hour or so to work out (again) how to fix my linux boot config

although admittedly, i've spent very little time in linux since i installed 7...

Comment

So you don't document
                          Tom Jones
                          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                          IT Trainer / Consultant
                          Ossian Ltd
                          Scotland

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
                            WHY do people want to activate and keep running a Beta or RC version? These versions still have trail crap in them that, going by MS track record, will not be removed by upgrading to a RTM version. A clean install takes a little longer but you don't have any unnecessary rubbish cluttering up the drive.
                            Going by MS track records they will not be removed by doing a clean install either
                            Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
                              So you don't document
                              yea, i do.. but i duno where i put it :P

my work stuff i work really hard at documenting, home stuff, not so :P

Comment

Working...
                              X