Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bsod

Hi,

I recently upgraded my Vista machine to Win7, but every once in awhile get a BSOD out of no where. I don't do anything abnormally so I can't figure out what is causing this. I thought maybe it was the Vid card drivers, but I have updated those and it still happens. I thought maybe it was the screen saver (Vid card related) but not that either. Could it be something with the HD?

Any leads as to what I can check would be much appreciated. Otherwise I'll have to do a complete restore of this machine.

I found this in the Sys Event logs and this right after I upgraded to Win7.

5703-"The Netlogon service could not read a mailslot message from Browser due to the following error:
    The system cannot find the path specified."

and...

51047-"DHCPv6 client service is stopped. ShutDown Flag value is 1"
    Last edited by Mudd; 29th April 2009, 17:16.

Re: Bsod

Without knowing more about the BSOD, it is impossible to say
    Do you have a dump file you can look at?

Also note Win7 is in Beta, so do not expect the robustness you would of a released OS
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Bsod

Originally posted by Mudd View Post
      Hi,

I recently upgraded my Vista machine to Win7, but every once in awhile get a BSOD out of no where. I don't do anything abnormally so I can't figure out what is causing this. I thought maybe it was the Vid card drivers, but I have updated those and it still happens. I thought maybe it was the screen saver (Vid card related) but not that either. Could it be something with the HD?

Any leads as to what I can check would be much appreciated. Otherwise I'll have to do a complete restore of this machine.

I found this in the Sys Event logs and this right after I upgraded to Win7.

5703-"The Netlogon service could not read a mailslot message from Browser due to the following error:
      The system cannot find the path specified."

and...

51047-"DHCPv6 client service is stopped. ShutDown Flag value is 1"
      Wait 5 days, download and install Windows 7 RC1 and see if you have the same problems. Do NOT upgade if that option is available. Delete and do a clean install.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
      X