Windows 7 not seucre?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 not seucre?

Here is the link to the security people that have discovered a boot time hack to Windows 7 that they say cannot be fixed:

http://www.nvlabs.in/

Interesting!

Chris

http://www.vkernel.com

Re: Windows 7 not seucre?

Beta software is beta software plus of course if you can't physically secure your machine then there is always the possibility of people accessing it.
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Chris, that link only mentions 64bit Windows 7. Do you know if it applies to the 32bit versions as well?

Will running it in a Virtual make a difference since you will be using a VHDD, therefore a Virtual Boot Sector or am I being virtually silly?
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

It sounded to me like it was an flaw in the design of Windows 7. I do not think that Beta or 64 vs 32 bit will come into play.

Physical security for your servers is still very important.

Chris

Comment

Not a great deal more than you could do with a LiveCD, but interesting nonetheless.
          But as you said, if you let an average guy lingering around your desktops, all the other security measures are out of the window.
          Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

A while ago wasn't there were reports of a program running before a Windows OS would boot, I guess therefore running windows in a shell, which could modify the writes/reads made by the OS and therefore "take control" is it related maybe? In this scenario I guess any OS is at risk.
            cheers
            Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Working...
            X