Windows 7 Editions Announced

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 Editions Announced

You want to know how many editions of Windows 7 we will have ?

Will users get lost to choose which version to choose, the same way most of us first felt with Vista ( starter > home > premium > business > ultimate > enterprise > N > k > .....)

or do you prefer to only have 2 editions , home and professional as we used to have it with XP.

Well, dont wait too long to know, check it here : Windows 7 Editions Announced

also check this : http://www.neowin.net/news/main/09/0...neup-announced
    Last edited by elmajdal; 4th February 2009, 01:09.
    Tarek Majdalani
    MS Forefront Edge Security MVP

Re: Windows 7 Editions Announced

So they've renamed Business edition to Professional edition? Much more streamlined

One of the biggest criticisms I've heard of Vista was the endless list of editions it came in... looks like 7 is going to suffer the same fate.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
      One of the biggest criticisms I've heard of Vista was the endless list of editions it came in... looks like 7 is going to suffer the same fate.
      Au contraire! With what i understood, It looks like they are going to keep it simple this time with only too editions intended for Home users and Business users.
      Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Not according to the first link.

Originally posted by Ybarra
        there will be two primary editions: Windows 7 Home Premium, and Windows 7 Professional
        we'll continue to have an Enterprise edition
        we will offer Windows 7 Home Basic
        We’ll also continue to offer Windows Starter edition
        we will continue to have Windows 7 Ultimate edition
        6 basic editions. Add to that the N, K and KN offerings which will likely cover multiple editions too...
        Gareth Howells

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

You right Gforce, I am probably on wishful reading mode
          Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

I was hoping they'd have been sensible this time too. What would be great is if you just bought the bare OS and then chose your own set of features. Can't see them going for that anytime soon though.
            Gareth Howells

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
              ICan't see them going for that anytime soon though.
              Give it time and the EU will grant you your wish, and charge Microsoft a heavy price to make them do it too.
              BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
              sigpic
              Cruachan's Blog

Comment

w00t now we just need Microsoft to bow to pressure to release Windows as freeware and make their money on support.

I made myself lol
                Gareth Howells

Comment

Looks like they need to keep six editions so they can fill their MCTS exams with useless questions testing your knowledge about the negligible differences among all editions.

Comment

Originally posted by Garen View Post
                    Looks like they need to keep six editions so they can fill their MCTS exams with useless questions testing your knowledge about the negligible differences among all editions.
                    LOL I bet you're right!
                    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
                    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
                    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Originally posted by Garen View Post
                      Some people would call you cynical. Those in IT would say you're spot on
                      Gareth Howells

Comment

Working...
                      X