error when acess computer with \\ip

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• error when acess computer with \\ip

First , i sorry about topic event id 18 . I found google but i don't find it .

I have domain , when i access client A with \\ip , error "the trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed " . I remove domain and return workgroup ... ==>> succeed . But when i restart it roolback

Sorry about for my english . It's very badly and terrible
    Thank you

Re: error when acess computer with \\ip

You have, of course, used with the error message you quoted? I suspect some of the 176,000 results will be helpful

Telling us the Operating System (server and workstation) and SP level you use will also help.

What do you mean "when I restart it rolls back"? Does the computer automatically rejoin the domain or do you mean that when you rejoin the domain the problem occurs again?

What happens if you go to \\computername rather than \\IP.Address ?

Does this happen with all clients or just some?

Tom
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

hello try this task start > run > \\computername\c$

Özgür ŞENERDOĞAN

Comment

to ossian :

i found and eventid.net .

server : win2003 (dc )
        client : xp pro sp2

When i rejoin domain and restart computer -- client A

when I go to \\computername rather than \\IP.Address ===>>> don't permission and contact administrator ... the trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed

only computer A
        Sorry about for my english . It's very badly and terrible

Comment

Did you click on my google icon? -- it links directly to the search. Check some of the results, especially anything from microsoft, and see if they help.

Dont worry about your English, its better than my knowledge of any other language

EDIT -- you now have two open issues about "trust relationships". That suggests there is something more seriously wrong with your network -- at the moment we are probably firefighting rather than solving the problem.

Once again, does this happen with every PC or just with some?

Tom
          Last edited by Ossian; 1st September 2006, 07:56.
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X