Installing Win XP Pro with XP Home

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Win XP Pro with XP Home

Hi, I have a problem installing Windows Xp Pro edition and I would appreciate if there's anyone out there who can assist me on this matter.

Currently I'm using the latest Windows XP Home edition and I would like to install Win XP Pro on a different partition. However, the current Windows XP Pro I plan to install is not the latest edition. Instead, it gives the warning: Setup cannot continue because the version of Windows on your computer is newer than the version on the CD.

My question is, is there a way to install Win XP Pro on a different partition and how do I go about it?

Re: Installing Win XP Pro with XP Home

First off, do you have a seperate partition to install it on?
    Are you booting from the XP Pro CD or trying to do it from within XP Home?
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I've tried booting from the CD before but it won't allow me to create partition. Someone recommended me to use a special software to partition my HD but he also said that it's too risky to do so as it may result data loss. And another person has recommended me to buy another bootable harddrive and install the XP Pro inside it.

I'm wondering if buying another bootable harddrive and install the XP Pro is a good idea or is there any alternative solution that you could kindly recommend? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Why do you need/want to have XP Home and XP Pro installed on the same PC?

If you feel you absolutely need to install XP Pro on a different partition, here you can find some free partitioning software.

Make sure you have all your data backed up off the XP Home hard drive BEFORE you start anything. I would not recommend your actions of partitioning and installing XP Pro on your system unless you are fully prepared to wipe your present setup if things go wrong. Undertake this at your own risk.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
        X