No announcement yet.

Problems with new version of Windows XP

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with new version of Windows XP

This is my first time here and I need help! I just installed the new version of Windows XP over the existing one placed in my Dell pc at the factory. I now have two languages running at the same time -- English and some foreign language. I went to settings and reset the language to English but nothing happened. I don't know what else to do since I don't understand the directions I have because I don't understand the foreign words. In my MSN Messenger, all directions are foreign, but the list of my friends is in English.

Also, I now cannot install the new Windows Updates. I contacted Microsoft Support -- no help there.

Can you help?

Re: Problems with new version of Windows XP

Is the windows XP you tried to install over the other installation genuine?: or it is a crack version? Usually this happens when you download over the internet a copy of a crack windows XP version and God knows what it is and how it is setup.
    Here at my company we have an enterprise licence with microsoft and we never put an XP installation on the top of another one. We always perform repair of the previous XP OS if it is corrapted and 95% of the times we do this the system comes back to normal. We only need to reinstall windows Updates. Make sure you always use genuine software and not crack versions over the internet.

MCSE, MCSA (messaging), MCP

IMHO your best bet would be a format and reinstall.
      Use your Dell recovery CD/DVD unless you have a genuine copy of XP. This will give you all the hardware drivers you need.

Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

At the logon screen (if you have one) try pressing Left ALT + SHIFT and see if you can change back to English. If that works you can then go into The Regional settings and remove the other language.
        Departed: 23rd December 2015