Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computers get out of the domain

Hi All,

I'm facing a weird problems nowadays, alot of our company's pcs suddenly seems to be out of our domain, when trying to logon to it with any user credntials even the administrators it didn't respond, logon locally to the machine & remove it from the domain & adding it again is my only choice in this situation.

Do anybody face this problem b4.

Plz advice

Re: Computers get out of the domain

If any firewall is installed, uninstall it and check out.

Comment

Has a server (DC) been changed or modified?
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

We use a pix firewall & my DC has not been changed but what kind of modification did you mean?

Comment

Anything, who knows? All you have told us is "the title" problem so you either have Windows 2000 or XP on your domain (or even NT4.0 workstation). You could be running Windows 2000 Server or Windows 2003 Server (or maybe even NT 4.0 Server). After you second post we also know you have a Pix Firewall and that is it.

More information needs to be provided since the crystal balls are in the shop for a software upgrade.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I wanna tell u that we use win2000 pro & xp pro, win2003 server.

No changes have been made to my DCs.

Comment

No changes? So you don't run Windows Update? How are we supposed to help you when you don't supply stuff all details about your network?

Info so far, you run Win2K, XP Pro, Win2K3 and have a pix firewall. That is the total of your info about your problem and network. If I give you that info and tell you I can't get one machine on the network, could you figure out the problem?
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

First of all, i'm sorry for the misunderstanding, i just don't know exactly what to write.

We use a SUS server to control the updates applied to all the domain computers including our DCs, as i wrote b4 it's a weird problem as ther're no changes that occur to my n/w environment, is there any solution to this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by adham512
                  is there any solution to this problem.
                  Unfortunately we have no idea what the problem is. You could try and gather more info for us by:
                  -go through normal troubleshooting procedures like checking the event log and noting any errors; running dcdiag and netdiag, etc.
                  -telling us if you made any configuration changes (e.g. changed the password policy in a GPO)
                  -explaining what you mean by "when trying to logon to it with any user credntials even the administrators it didn't respond" (any error messages with it?)
                  -etc.
                  Regards,
                  Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
                  Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
                  www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
                  X