can u help me?

thanx...

I hope this will answer your question:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/p...erformance.asp

Sagemind Solutions - Web Hosting Provider
    Fast, Reliable, Hosting Services

Comment

jerryx,

It would help if you gave a list of what you are most worried about.
      If you are migrating a lot of machines, or replacing them, it makes a big difference in what I would advise.

But overall I would suggest you go with XP. The is no overhwelming result from doing so, it is the day-to-day things: driver updates, configuration, the driver rollback and system file protections including System Restore.

I have not regretting any upgrade for a client from Win2k to XP. (Note that it was without issue). I would never consider a downgrade of an XP client workstation to an early OS version.
      * Users Helping Users *
      MS-MVP Windows Networking

Comment

The only thing I see is the configuration that takes more time than with w2k. I'm taking about the GUI itself then. This is rather personal I think, I don't like that big large Start menu and stuff.

Both systems are at the moment stabile and OK. Both are suitable in a network environment etc. There are some differences (see the link given by Gibberish), but it's not a world of difference as for example between nt & w2k. But stick to the Professional editions, that's the only really advise I can give. And most applications are w2k/xp compatible...
        Good technicians / scripters don't know everything, they just know where to look for the answer.

Comment

my main complaint about xp is that when several users work on the same pc the security is very bad.

I use 2000 all the way
          home, school (laptop), work

Comment

What security is bad? Please give something concrete as I think that the security is the same as w2k, perhaps some more configuration....

Thanks in advance for your reply!

Marty
            Good technicians / scripters don't know everything, they just know where to look for the answer.

Comment

Working...
            X