Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator

I get this warning on my personal computer, Windows XP Pro SP2: "Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator".

I'm the administrator and I can't use anymore: "ctrl+alt+del" keys; cannot access to msdos window (cmd); can't open Hotmail and Gmail e-mail services.

When I connect to Gmail, Internet Explorer shows these messagges: connecting to gmail - connecting to site 1.0.0.0 (bottom left corner).

I already scanned my computer online and deleted some trojan and viruses.

Do Ad-Aware and/or Spybot after found virus only delete it or they are be able to fix registry or anything the virus has changed?

Any help please?

Antonio.

Re: Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator

Ad-Aware and Spybot are not antivirus applications. They look for (and in most cases) find spyware/malware on your PC. Run them and see if that fixes the problem. Personally, I would save the data to CD/DVD or another HDD, and do a clean reinstall of XP. It is easier to reinstall XP than try and clean up the spyware.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Re: Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator

It is a group policy object settings. If your computer is not member of a domain, check your local group policy. If yes, talk to your sys admin.
      Attached Files
      Regards,
      Csaba Papp
      MCSA+messaging, MCSE, CCNA
      Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate

Comment

Working...
      X