No announcement yet.

Unable to Connect Network Drives

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to Connect Network Drives

i use winXP pro SP1 it's on the network win2003 domain
    After fresh boot I can do whatever I want with shared resources - copy, delete files and so on...
    But when after some time i am unable to save data on the network error "The system detected a possible attempt to compromise security. Please ensure that you can contact the server that authenticated you".

Now I can't even get to the shared files on server. (After reboot, I can for the same couple of hours with the same problem as mensioned before).

What is the most interesting thing - other computers doesn't have any problems like that (as far as I am concerned).
    One more thing - I have totally no problems with internet connection. web surfing, emails, ftp - everything works perfectly.

What is the problem?

Re: Unable to Connect Network Drives

Anything in the event log?

Tried googling the error message?
    Server 2000 MCP
    Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Hi tonyyeb,

I am running a global catalog win2003 server with DNS and DHCP. I have been triying to figure this out for almost a week now. I get the following errors on the xp worstation

Yah i found this in event log.

LSASRV error 40960:

The Security System detected an attempted downgrade attack for server cifs/local.domain. The failure code from authentication protocol Kerberos was "There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request.

Thanks & Regards,

aren't there any problems with you're dc?
        Because of the following message?
        There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request.
        Is everything registered ok into you're dns server?

Please run Dcdiag and netdiag on you're server.

also check te options here which i find with google:
        Technical Consultant

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
        "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
        "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"