Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• relocation of mydocuments

hi,

I want to change the default location of My Documents, to H:\MyDocumets, for every user that logs in to the machine. - I am using Windows XP SP2.

(Only can do this for the "current user" thats logged in - but want it for everyone who logs in)

- we are not using Folder Redirection, until we get server 2003 up and running. -

But for our windows 2000, all this works without using folder redirection, and a brand new user can log in, and the My Documents is set to H:\MyDocumets,

Since I didn't create the image, - and that the colleaque is on holiday, i dont know how to do this setting...

anyone can help me out here?

thanks
    Peter Lawlor

Re: relocation of mydocuments

If you are using login scripts then you could use a reg hack to change it each time the user logs in.
    Server 2000 MCP
    Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Would changing the Default User profile accomplish this?
      Regards,
      Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
      Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
      www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyW
        Would changing the Default User profile accomplish this?
        Not for people who already have local profiles... only for people new to that machine.
        Server 2000 MCP
        Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by tonyyeb
          Not for people who already have local profiles... only for people new to that machine.
          Read it wrong. Thought he was having trouble with the new users.
          Regards,
          Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
          Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
          www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Originally posted by tonyyeb
            If you are using login scripts then you could use a reg hack to change it each time the user logs in.

I just checked the windows 2000 but there are no login scripts to do this.
            Still wondering how the hell he did it on Windows 2000.

- But is it possible to do it with login script?
            relocate my documents to h:\mydocuments, for everyone and anyone who logs in?

I tried doing the regedit hack on "personal", but it doesnt seem to change the "My Documents" thats placed on the desktop.
            Which i also want to relocate/ by some form of method.

Peter

Comment

Okay i got this by using with VBS,
              I couldnt get other scripts to work on login...

Comment

Working...
              X