No announcement yet.

windows xp disconnection error

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windows xp disconnection error

I have remote user that loggin to a computer romtely he goes in thru our VPN connection and then he uses remote desktop to connect to that computer.
    now for some reason he gets an "cannot connect to this computer disconnected please check network or call administartor".... this has been happening for a week now plus i have another computer that is used remotely as well and no problems and the only way he's able to login is when i reboot the computer, so i checked the ip properties, cabling,hub, and everthing is fine.... also when i come in the morning the computer screen is black and i have to power it down and re-start it

I've also did updates to it to see if that will help..... do you think there might be a hardware issue?

Re: windows xp disconnection error

It's possible that the issue is hardware... but have you checked the power settings? (go to the display properties -> screen saver -> power) Make sure it's not set to go into stand-by or anything like that. Also, check the event log for errors and make sure you're AV is up-to-date. There may be some software that's causing the hang-up.

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond