Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wןindows XP activation issues (was: I'm stuck! can you help Please)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wןindows XP activation issues (was: I'm stuck! can you help Please)

I have a laptop that doesnt have upgraded Windows XP. So I used a program to find my product key, and then i put win xp cd and i installed windows. Now i need to activate but i cant because i didnt write the KEY down in a paper! However, i found the label sticker that has the product key of Windows XP beneath the laptop. I put the key product in the activation field, it stays incorrect!!! AKH, what i discovered is another product key has been used in my laptop instead of the one that in the sticker! So i should get the one that was in the registry! but i cant cause i didnt write down before i start upgrading my windows!! can you help plz.......I tried to call the customer service many times and it says its a wrong number! Akh, I'm disappointed. I have lots of very important files in my laptop.

CAN YOY HELP PLEASE? I'm waiting

Re: I'm stuck! can you help Please

Have you tried telling them that you have a COA and quoting the key on that?

What version of XP do you have installed? (use CONTROL PANEL -- SYSTEM)
    What version is written on the COA?

These must match otherwise you have an illegal copy

Tom
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I already solvedthe problem. Thanks for trying to help me.... I appreciate it.

Have a good day

Comment

Thanks for posting back you're solution and that you read the sticky post read or ride...
        Marcel
        Technical Consultant
        Netherlands
        http://www.phetios.com
        http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
        "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
        "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

I called Microsoft Company, and i gave them my installation ID. After that, they gave the confirmation code to be able to acces my windows. Thats all.

Comment

Re: Wןindows XP activation issues (was: I'm stuck! can you help Please)

Please make sure you read the forum rules next time BEFORE posting unless you want it to be your last post.

Cheers,

Daniel Petri
            Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
            MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
            X