No announcement yet.

NO hacking software,Password problem

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NO hacking software,Password problem

I have *my* hp computer, but I have a problem. My brother won't let my use my computer due to his computer getting taken away, now i need to know how to get through the password he put on. I changed it before, but he got really pissed and erased basiacally all my important stuff. So all I need to know is to VIEW the password when logged on, (he lets me use it sometimes) like from within the computer. How do you do that, not resseting with a Linux reset disk, or deleting it, how do you simply just see the password when you are logged on the computer?? Thats all I need to know, please help me. NO HACKING SOFTWARE.

**Don't reccomend me any hacking software>>What I mean is you look into a file in the computer to see, IF there is a way**

Re: NO hacking software,Password problem

You have posted the identical question yesterday and received answers. Double posts are not appreciated in this forum

For your information, Windows passwords are encrypted, so the only way you can see a text version is to use "hacking software" to decrypt the password or log the keys used to enter it. Otherwise all you can see (with the right software) is the mathematical representation of the users password.

As suggested before, negotiate with your brother over this. If that doesnt work, call in the United Nations (or tell your Mum).

Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Again, there is no other software then hacking software.
      Technical Consultant

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
      "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
      "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

This Sourceforge project may help:

Or maybe the people at can dig up your XP passwords.

Both methods require you to boot from floppy or CD. If your brother closed that loophole in the BIOS, you're fcuked.

Note to laptop owners: always disable the "boot from external media" options in the BIOS, and never ever rely on EFS to protect your data.

And before you buy a computer, check the bad neighborhoods of the www for methods to bypass your BIOS password. If you find one, get a different computer.
        make xp behave: