Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Good Day,

My name is Keith Woodard and I am excited about sharing technical information on Windows XP Pro. I invite your questions as I ask for you to entertain my own. For example, I am having a problem with retaining my static IP address upon reboot; my settings are reverted to DHCP. My wireless router is configured for DHCP but I have reserved a single IP address for static use. Do you have any ideas?

Best Regards,
    Keith

Re: Hello

Welcome to the forums, Keith

I take it you have checked that the network connection is set to have the fixed IP / Subnet / DNS rather than "Get IP automatically"?

Tom
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Hello

Hello to everyone, I am also (very ) new on this forum.

Keith, if I understand your problem correctly, you should set reservation on your DHCP server, and configure tcp/ip propertioes to obtain the address automatically.

In order to get every time same IP adress, you must reserve this adress (and bind it with your MAC address) like in this example (see attached image):
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X