Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WINDOWS XP/NTFS/UNINSTALL?

Hi,

Please advise how do I UNINSTALL WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL which I have set on my computer on NTFS.

Thank you.
    Narendra

You dont...

The only way back from XP on NTFS to 98 is to reformat as FAT32 and reinstall everything.

Sorry....
    Tom
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thank you very much for your reply.

Now I have other problem.,

My other networked, main computer does not start WINDOWS and I get the following message.

WINDOWS could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:

<Windowsroot>\system32\nteskrnl.exe

Please reinstall a copy of the above file.

How do I get that copy and reinstall it?

Please advise
      Narendra

Comment

*** Assuming that this is Windows 2000 or XP ***

You could extract that single file from the cd in the command console. I don't suggest you do that though, there's probably more than one files missing or corrupt.

Best solution would be to boot from the installation cd, choose to install the os ignoring the first option to repair [that takes you to the command console]. Once you choose the option to install Windows it will search the drive for previous versions. If one is found it will offer the option to repair the installation, which is what you want. Choose repair and let it run through. It should in theory replace the required files and allow you to again load Windows.
        Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Thank you very much for your reply.

Its the WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION.

I'll repair it as you have suggested.

Regards.
          Narendra

Comment

Working...
          X