net.exe file

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• net.exe file

i m using win xp, when i logon , it takes too time to load after login, when i stop net.exe in task manager procees, it load easily, i want to know about net.exe file, what kind of this file, how can i get rid of it. Is it virus. or any program file.

Re: net.exe file

net.exe

Have you also checked your startup reg key?? or even msconfig??

Comment

u can also disable the startup by doing msconfig

Comment

Its better if you can remove it from your machine

Becuase in one one forum someone has mention that it will effect in the problem

Its a virus Just see the contents below which was written a post message

issue regarding this

I have an issue obviously...... All of the sudden, I have a few new things in my task manager. Namely net.exe and net1.exe. I can disable them fine, but several times when I have done so, Norton Internet Security gets shut down as well, and I am unable to restart it. Now whenever I right click on an application on my desktop (besides My Computer and a few others), the desktop disappears briefly, and then shows back up again as if nothing has happened. If I try to right click on the 2 net files in the Windows\system32 folder the same thing occurs. My web browser is starting to give me issues, and I have just noticed that my Outlook Express is slowing greatly when trying to open.

I have updated my virus definitions and scanned to no avail. I have also run Ad Aware and Spybot just in case. It seems as though something is causing the havok, but I have no idea where to look to find out what it might be. I really don't want to have to format....... HELP!

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by winxandlinx
          Its better if you can remove it from your machine

Becuase in one one forum someone has mention that it will effect in the problem

Its a virus Just see the contents below which was written a post message

issue regarding this

I have an issue obviously...... All of the sudden, I have a few new things in my task manager. Namely net.exe and net1.exe. I can disable them fine, but several times when I have done so, Norton Internet Security gets shut down as well, and I am unable to restart it. Now whenever I right click on an application on my desktop (besides My Computer and a few others), the desktop disappears briefly, and then shows back up again as if nothing has happened. If I try to right click on the 2 net files in the Windows\system32 folder the same thing occurs. My web browser is starting to give me issues, and I have just noticed that my Outlook Express is slowing greatly when trying to open.

I have updated my virus definitions and scanned to no avail. I have also run Ad Aware and Spybot just in case. It seems as though something is causing the havok, but I have no idea where to look to find out what it might be. I really don't want to have to format....... HELP!

Thank you
          Have you even looked at the google link i provided??

net.exe is used by logon srcipts etc to map network drives amongts other things.

I'm not doubting that it COULD be a virus but that is up to the OP to run a scan and to be honest it should be one of the first thing you do when you run into problems.

Comment

What do you want to bet this is a DNS problem and Net.Exe is having problems because of this and slowing the logon process down.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77
              What do you want to bet this is a DNS problem and Net.Exe is having problems because of this and slowing the logon process down.

Well thats more than likely the problem.

My guess is that its running via the logon script and the machine cannot connect to the mapped drives.

Comment

Working...
              X