Upgrading failed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading failed

I have an old pc which had windows 2k on it. i tried to put xp on it but the disk i think was corrupted . it started to go through the process of installing when it stopped and said error code2 . It says put the windows xp disk in the cdrom drive then press ok.then it says windows can not continue setup

it stops on 39 minutes where is says installation process.

It doesnt move from this spot. the computer reboots its self and does the same thing over again, I would like to know how to stop this. the cd is always in the drive. i would like to put windows 2k back on.

Please help

Re: Upgrading failed

Do you need to save any of the data that is currently on the hard drive? It would probably be easiest and quickest to wipe the hard drive and install XP (or Win2k) as a brand new operating system rather than an upgrade or a repair.

Jas
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
    boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
    My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

There is a TXT file in the root directory of the drive you are install XP onto. It should tell you why the install is stopping. Can't remember the name of the TXT file and from memory a piece of hardware is causing the problem.

Did you run the /checkupgradeonly switch before attempting the upgrade?
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

i checked everything for i did the upgrade. a setup box keeps coming up which says that netman.dll and netshell.dll are unable to be located. There is no way i can do anything. the coputer doesnt let me do anything apart from take the disc out and watch it keep rebooting its self.

Please help
        Last edited by nipper2803; 13th June 2006, 15:41.

Comment

Originally posted by nipper2803
          i checked everything for i did the upgrade. a setup box keeps coming up which says that netman.dll and netshell.dll are unable to be located. There is no way i can do anything. the coputer doesnt let me do anything apart from take the disc out and watch it keep rebooting its self.

Please help
          Is your XP disk a proper copy?? By that i mean an original disk.

Comment

Working...
          X