Proccesor & HD capacity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proccesor & HD capacity

i have purchased p4 system with GENX m/b and intel 2.13 processor, but it show it P-III in DXDIAG utility. some time it show actual 2.13. what will be the story? Same case with me friend, his Computer Shows 900 MHz in BIOS, but in system properties it show 694MHz and some time 894 MHz, why?

2nd ,

80 GB HD show not full capacity in System, It shows 76 GB some thing, Why? Why we can,t use full capacity, Where is used this amount of HD.

Re: Proccesor & HD capacity

Originally posted by alitoday
    i have purchased p4 system with GENX m/b and intel 2.13 processor, but it show it P-III in DXDIAG utility. some time it show actual 2.13. what will be the story? Same case with me friend, his Computer Shows 900 MHz in BIOS, but in system properties it show 694MHz and some time 894 MHz, why?

2nd ,

80 GB HD show not full capacity in System, It shows 76 GB some thing, Why? Why we can,t use full capacity, Where is used this amount of HD.

1. Are you using laptops?? Is directx up to its latest levels??
    Should be 9.0c.

2. You will never achieve the 80GB mark as it is all down to how the manufacturers calculate the sizes, a proper GB is 1024MB but a manufacturer uses 1000MB as 1 GB. This is where the space goes. Also windows will use some of the disk when it is formatted.

More info

http://www.pcguide.com/ref/hdd/geom/...apacity-c.html

Comment

1st one is normal one and 2nd is labtop?

Well, it is okay abt HD,

Next query is as
      --------------

Why this message dispaly on installing some softwares:

"Setup.exe is not a valid Win32 application "

Comment

You might have a virus!
        This virus corrupts all .exe files on you programs (installed and uninstalled).
        before you XP installation gets more damaged, i suggest you update your antivirus as soon as possible and peform a complete system scan!
        I am Nobody. Nobody's Perfect therefore, I'm Perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by alitoday
          1st one is normal one and 2nd is labtop?

Well, it is okay abt HD,

Next query is as
          --------------

Why this message dispaly on installing some softwares:

"Setup.exe is not a valid Win32 application "
          The desktop i'm not too sure about. The laptop is probably Intel's speed step technology working.

The answer to your other question could be that the software installer is actually using the 16-bit subsystem. Usually apps that are designed to run on older OS's.

Comment

Working...
          X